Description

A place for us to share our favorite recipes of wonderful foods cooking with mostly fresh ingredients.

Friday, October 11, 2013

Pan Fried Kale

I have heard a lot of talk lately about the nutritious advantages of kale. I have never worked with it before. I hadn't even tasted it before. I bought what looked like a nice big healthy bunch of kale. I broke off a leaf, rinsed it and took a taste. Nice, mild green with a slightly bitter aftertaste. I looked it up on the internet and read about 9 recipes just to get some ideas and then... I made something different. Here I pan fried some kale in olive oil and garlic, I seasoned it with salt and pepper and lemon juice. It was delicious. Here you go. 

Ingredients
1 bunch  Fresh Kale. Rinsed, patted dry and torn to large chunks.
1/4 C  Olive Oil
2 - 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 lemon.
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook
Heat oil in 12 inch skillet
Add Garlic and let cook for about a minute.
Using tongs add a big pinch of kale.
Keep turning it till kale is saturated with oil and starts to feel a little tender then add more kale.
repeat this till all the kale is added and you can feel that it is tender. 
(There is no need to overcook the kale, as long as it is a bit tender it is cooked enough to eat. No sense in cooking something this nutritious if you're going to cook the nutrients out of it.)
Remove to serving plate.
Squeeze the juice of half the lemon over the kale..
Cut the other half of the lemon into wedges and serve with kale.
Shred just a little bit of Parmagiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano over the top.
Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment