Description

A place for us to share our favorite recipes of wonderful foods cooking with mostly fresh ingredients.

Friday, October 4, 2013

Taco time!

An all time family favorite is TACO night!  I'll have a pot of refried beans, another pot of sauteed black beans with onions & lime, corn tortillas (charred right on the open flame of my gas stove) & flour tortillas.  Have bowls of chopped olives, cilantro, avocado - ANYthing your family enjoys!!   I make seasoned rice (cook the rice as directed in water seasoned with chili powder, garlic powder, salt/pepper, cumin & cayenne!) - We like grilled seasoned beef (ground or steak strips), seasoned chicken strips and seasoned grilled fish....   I put everything on the counter buffet style and everyone is free to make a bowl or a taco/burrito in whatever way they like!


1 comment:

  1. And it's National Taco Day. I praise the day they opened a Jack In The Box in Bellwood, Illinois and tasted my first taco. Long live Jack!

    ReplyDelete