Description

A place for us to share our favorite recipes of wonderful foods cooking with mostly fresh ingredients.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pasta and Broccoli

The first time I tasted this great pasta dish was at my buddy Nicky's house. 
I loved it and went home and told my mother I wanted it often.
Ingredients
1 LB Pasta. You can use any pasta you like. Shells seem to be the most commonly used.
1 Lb Bag Frozen Broccoli Florettes (Fresh is great but for this dish and the sake of simplicity I like frozen.)
1/2 C Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic Chopped or if you prefer, sliced thin.

Cook
In your pasta pot cook pasta to directions on pkg.
In a saucepan cook Broccoli per directions on pkg.
Aglio Olio (Garlic and Oil)
Two minutes before pasta is to come out of the pot lightly brown garlic in a skillet.
(Do not let garlic get too brown, go for lightly golden.)

Drain pasta and Drain Broccoli
Place both in large bowl
Cover with aglio olio and toss well.
Sprinkle with some Parmesan 
Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment